Flight Operations to Cancun Mexico: Planning a trip to sunny Cancun anytime soon? Here’s exactly what you need to know.
MRO Latin America 2017 takes place this January 25-26 in the tropical paradise of Cancun, Mexico. The event will see stakeholders and operators from over 35 countries come together to discuss how to continue modernization and fleet growth within the Latin American business aviation market. Though playing host to this year’s MRO Latin America event, Cancun is mainly a popular tourist destination thanks to the balmy climate and crystal clear waters of the Caribbean. So here’s the operational info you need to plan a trip to Cancun, whether for business or leisure.
Cancun International Airport
- IATA: CUN
- ICAO: MMUN
- Latitude / longitude: N21-02.6/W086-52.4
- Elevation: 22 ft.
- Magnetic variation: 00E
- Fuel types: Jet and Avgas
- Time zone: UTC -5 hours
Private flights: require overflight and landing permits and both can be arranged through your handler.
Non-scheduled flights: require overflight permits that can be arranged through your handler and landing permits that can be coordinated with the DGAC through your handler.
Note: Please keep in mind that the crew is only entitled to bring along clothes, personal hygiene items and necessary work related items.
Parking restrictions: Normally there aren’t any parking restrictions in general aviation. However, parking is high in demand during peak times (especially with a major event).
- All visitors must clear customs and immigration
- Citizens of EU and USA do not require MEX VISA
- Some countries require MEX VISA, please check with your local Mexican Consulate
- Passports cannot be less than six months from expiration date
- 200 cigarettes, 50 cigars or 200 mg of pipe tobacco for those over 18 years of age
- 3 liters of alcoholic beverages for those over 18 years of age
- Perfume, eau-de-cologne, and lotions for personal use only
- A camera and 12 rolls of film
- Goods worth up to USD 300
- Uncanned foodstuff
- Canned pork and derivatives
- Earth, plants, flowers, fruit, seeds, and materials of vegetable origin
- Tobacco and alcohol
- The export of archaeological relics is prohibited
- Crew is entitled to bring only clothes, personal hygiene items, and items necessary for work
- All international luggage is screened inbound and outbound
- When the passenger takes his/her baggage to customs and it’s screened, a red light indicates they must open their baggage for clearance and a green light means they’re clear to go
Airport Embarkation Tax
DNR, DSM, and TUA, they’re included on your handling bill.
The local currency is the Mexican Peso (MXP).
- Car rental, limousine, and taxis service are all readily available at the airport
- Prepaid transport with limo or taxi can be arranged through your handler
Hotels near the airport:
- Comfort Inn Cancun Aeropuerto
- Courtyard Cancun Airport
- NIZUC Resort and Spa
- The Westin Resort and Spa Cancun
- Bel Air Cancun
- Royal Solaris Cancun
Hotels near the event:
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun (event location)
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa and Beach Resort
- Grand Residences Riviera Cancun
- Posada El Moro
Note: The above lists are for informational purposes only and based on proximity. UAS does not promote any specific establishments.
For more on Cancun, visit https://www.visitmexico.com/en/main-destinations/quintana-roo/cancun
UAS Americas can assist you with any requirements for your Flight Operations to Cancun Mexico, contact firstname.lastname@example.org