Flight Operations to COP28 Dubai – COP28 UAE will take place at Dubai’s Expo City from November 30 – December 12, 2023, with government leaders and dignitaries from all over the globe descending on Dubai for the historic event.
The United Nations Climate Change Conference is an annual event held in the framework of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) where members can negotiate and agree action on how to tackle climate change, limit emissions and halt global warming.
As the world’s highest decision-making body on climate issues and one of the largest international meetings in the world, COP28 UAE will provide a milestone opportunity for the world to come together, course correct, and drive progress to meet the goals and ambitions of the Paris Agreement.
UAS’ dedicated COP28 team of flight dispatchers, Ops experts, and VIP Supervisors are on the ground in Dubai, both airside and landside, and ready to support and oversee all aspects of planning and execution to ensure our clients’ operations go seamlessly.
Al Maktoum International Airport (Dubai World Central)
- IATA: DWC
- ICAO: OMDW
- N 24° 55.1′ E 55° 10.5′
- Mag Var: 1.4°E
- Elevation: 171′
- Fuel: Jet A-1
- Time Zone Info: GMT+4:00 no DST
Flight operations to COP28
- All flights coming for COP28 will require slot confirmation to be obtained well in advance to avoid any last-minute cancellations
- Currently, only dedicated COP28 flights will be approved for slots and landing
- Heavy traffic of over 200 flights is expected and will be prioritized under categories depending on the invitations
General operational information for OMDW
- Private flights require landing permits but not overflight permits
- Non-scheduled commercial flights require landing but not overflight permits
- Slot approval requested 24 hours in advance is preferable to attain desired slots
- Peak hours, AM 0100z – 0700z and PM 1700z – 2000z (times can vary)
- Parking is subject to availability
- Operators shall not be allowed to operate to or from OMDW without obtaining confirmed slots from Airport Coordination Limited (ACL)
- There is a mandatory Advance Passenger Information (API) requirement for all passengers and crew arriving to, and going from, the UAE
- Dubai Civil Aviation Authority (DCAA) – Landing and traffic rights permission
- Airport Coordination Limited (ACL) – Coordinated Slot Authority
For support with your flight operations to COP28 in Dubai contact UAS
For more flight operations information, visit UAS Blog