Flight Operations to Dhaka: Bangladesh’s capital and its financial, commercial, and entertainment hub, Dhaka is one of the most populated metropolises in the world. Its population of over 20 million makes it one of the major South Asian cities. Famed for its religious diversity, cuisine, and art festivals, Dhaka is a popular city for international visitors. Here’s what you need to know about its gateway, Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport.
Hazrat Shahjalal International
- ICAO: VGHS
- IATA: DCA
- Coordinates: N23-50.6 / E090-23.9
- Variation: 01W
- Elevation: 27 ft / 8 m
- Fuel: Jet A1 & AVGAS
- Time Zone: UTC +6
- Overflight and landing permits are required for both commercial and general aviation operations
- Lead-time for permit approval is 3 working days
- All ad-hoc permission must be secured via a locally based agent
- Blanket/block clearance can be secured via CAA of Bangladesh (CAAB)
Visas on arrival are no longer available in Bangladesh.
Visitors can secure their visa in advance of travel via the Bangladesh Immigration portal.
- Best Western Maple Leaf
- Four Points Dhaka
- Hotel Lake Castle
- Le-Meridian Dhaka
- Pan Pacific Sonagron
- Radisson Blu Garden
- Westin Dhaka
Dhaka is well served by public transport of bus and rail, tuk-tuks and taxis. Why not try the city’s traditional mode of the cycle rickshaw to get around? Alternatively, UAS can assist with your ground transportation needs in Dhaka.
For support with your flight operations to Dhaka, contact UAS