Flight Ops to the Cricket World Cup: The 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup is underway in the United Kingdom. The 12th edition of the competition is being hosted by England and Wales and will run until July 14. Here’s what operators need to know to access business aviation gateways in London and Cardiff.
- IATA Code: CWL
- ICAO Code: EGFF
- Coordinates: 51 23.8N / 03 20.6W
- Elevation: 220 feet
- Fuel types: Jet A1, AVGAS
- Private flights do not require overflight and landing permits if operators are coming from ICAO member states and have a standard airworthiness certificate
- Non-scheduled flights do not require landing permits but landing rights are necessary (CIQ, parking, handling must be confirmed in advance)
- FBO operating hours 0630-1730Z daily – extensions possible with prior coordination and sufficient notice
- No parking restrictions generally apply, however, parking may be limited during special events
- Bristol Filton FZO / EGTG
- Bristol Airport BRS / EGGD
- Swansea SWS / EGFH
- St. Athan GDX / EGDX
Check out our blog posts with great tips on operating to London airports below.
For support with your flight operations to the 2019 Cricket World Cup, contact UAS