International commercial flights remain suspended in Myanmar, but cargo, relief, and ambulance operations are allowed with special permission. Here’s what operators need to know about immigration, health screening, quarantine measures, night stops, and operating restrictions.
Visa on arrival and e-Visa facilities are suspended for all nationalities, this is also applicable to crew.
Diplomats, UN officials, and any foreign nationals who wish to enter Myanmar must contact their local Myanmar mission to apply for the necessary entry visa or ease of quarantine procedures.
Any foreign national with a valid entry visa may enter and exit Myanmar at the following international airports: Yangon (VYYY), Mandalay (VYMD), and Nay Pyi Taw (VYNT).
Health screening and quarantine
All returning Myanmar nationals must undergo a 14-day facility quarantine on their arrival regardless of where they are returning from.
All passengers and crew members entering Myanmar are required to fill in a Health Declaration Card.
Before boarding any aircraft to Myanmar:
- Foreign nationals are required to present laboratory evidence of the absence of a COVID-19 infection issued no more than 72 hours prior to the date of travel. On arrival, they will be subject to a 14-day facility quarantine
- All diplomats accredited to Myanmar and UN officials must also present laboratory evidence of the absence of a COVID-19 infection issued no more than 72 hours prior to the date of travel. On arrival, they will be subject to a 14-day home quarantine
- Internationals commercial passenger operations remain suspended, relief flights, cargo flights, ambulance flights, and special flights specifically approved by the DCA are exempted
- Crew are subject to quarantine until the next departure schedule
- All airlines operating relief flights to Myanmar must ensure that temperature screening and observation of COVID-19 symptoms are conducted on all passengers before boarding
- If a passenger has a body temperature of 100.4’f/38’c or higher or presents signs or symptoms of acute respiratory illness, the operator must not allow them to board
- ENR ATS is working as normal and air operators can fill VYYY as an alternate aerodrome
There is a nationwide curfew in force from 00:00 LT (1730Z) to 04:00 LT (2130Z) so operators are required to flight plan according to certain time restrictions.
- Ground handling must be completed by 1530 UTC
- Earliest arrival time is 2300 UTC
- Latest arrival is 1415 UTC
- Ground handling operations can begin at 2300 UTC
- Earliest departure can be no earlier than 2330 UTC
- Latest departure can be no later than 1515 UTC
- Crew night stops are possible on request with special approval from the Ministry of Home Affairs
- The permit request must be made through the embassy and cannot be for longer than a quick turnaround
- A good option is Siem Reap International Airport (VDSR) as there is a VOA service available for crew members listed on the Gendec
- Crew must carry proof of a negative PCR COVID test issued no more than 72 hours prior to the travel date, this is unnecessary for quick turnarounds