Flight Operations To Munich


Flight Operations to Munich

Shahid Shafi | - 02/06/2017
Go back to main page
Featured, Tips-Trips

Flight Operations to Munich: Planning a flight to Munich? Aware of the operational procedures at these popular airports? Here’s what you need to know. 

Air Cargo Europe 2017 gets underway in Munich from May 9-12. One of Europe’s top destinations for private flights, here’s what you need to know to plan a mission to Munich or the neighboring airport of Innsbruck in Austria.

Munich Airport 
  • IATA Code: MUC
  • ICAO Code: EDDM
  • Country: Germany 
  • Latitude/ longitude: N 48° 21’13.62‘‘ E 011°47’09.91‘‘
  • Marginal variation: Annual change 2,0°E (2008,03)
  • Elevation: 1487′
  • Fuel: Jet A-1
  • Time Zone Info: GMT+1:00 uses DST
Operational Information 
  • Private flights do not require overflight or landing permits
  • No PPR for non-scheduled commercial flights
  • Overflight permits are not required
  • Landing permits are required
  • Slots can be requested any time
  • Expect peak hours all day long
  • An AOC and noise certificate are required
  • Expect possible delays and airport restrictions due to congestion
Innsbruck Airport
  • IATA Code: INN
  • ICAO Code: LOWI
  • Country: Austria
  • Latitude/ longitude: 47° 15′ 36.79″ N / 011° 20′ 38.27″ E
  • Marginal variation: 001° E (05/06)
  • Elevation: 1906′
  • Fuel: 100LL, Jet A-1
  • Time Zone Info: GMT+1:00 uses DST
Operational Information 
  • Private flights don’t require either overflight or landing permits
  • An airport slot is required, it’s advisable to request it in advance
  • Non-scheduled commercial flights do not require overflight permits
  • Landing permits are required
  • An airport slot is required; it’s advisable to request in advance
  • Possible delays are to be expected due to congestion

Non-EU passengers:

Some non-EU passport holders are allowed to enter and remain in the European Union for up to three months without a visa. It’s important to check whether your nationality is included in this category prior to your trip. If not, you will need to organize a visa prior to arrival in the EU. For more information see http://ec.europa.eu/

EU passengers:

  • A passport or EU country ID allows for a stay of up to 90 days without a visa
  • An extension of stay is possible for visa exempt visitors

Note: Passports or any passport replacing documents issued more than ten years prior to the date of travel will not be accepted. Tourists must hold proof of sufficient funds to cover their stay in the EU and those without a return or onward ticket could be refused entry.

EU crew:

  • A passport or EU country ID and crew airline ID are required
  • An extension of stay is possible for visa exempt visitors

Non-EU crew:

  • A passport is required
  • All crew are required to be listed on a General Declaration and hold an airline ID

Import regulations:

  • Free import for passengers with goods purchased in the EU for personal use
  • 800 cigarettes or 400 cigarillos (max. 3g each) or 200 cigars or 1kg smoking tobacco
  • 10 liters of spirits over 22% or 20 liters less than 22% or 90 liters of wine (no more than 60 liters of sparkling wine) or 110 liters of beer
  • 1 liter of spirits over 22%, or non-denatured ethyl alcohol with more than 80% volume or 2 liters of spirits or aperitifs made of wine or similar beverages less than 22% volume, or sparkling wines, liqueur wines, or a proportional mix of these products
  • In addition to this: 4 liters of wine, 16 liters of beer and medicines in proportion to the traveler’s needs
  • Additional goods up to a total value of EUR 430 per adult and EUR 150 for under 15s are also allowed

For full details, please visit http://europa.eu/

Baggage Clearance: All baggage is cleared at the final destination in Germany.

Airport Embarkation Tax: No airport tax is levied on passengers.

Currency: Local currency is Euro (EUR) 

  • There are no restrictions on foreign currencies if arriving from or traveling to another EU Member State
  • Amounts exceeding EUR 10,000 or more or the equivalent in another currency must be declared if arriving directly from or traveling to a country outside the EU