Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2017: The F1 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix gets underway on Sunday, November 26 with practice rounds on Friday, November 24 and Saturday, November 25. Located on Yas Island, the Yas Marina Circuit hosted the country’s inaugural Grand Prix in November 2009. Here’s what operators need to know when planning missions to Abu Dhabi.
Abu Dhabi International Airport
- IATA: AUH
- ICAO: OMAA
- Latitude / longitude: N24-26.0 / E054-39.1
- Elevation: 88 feet
- Magnetic variation: 02° E
- Fuel types: Jet A1 and Avgas
- Time zone: UTC +4
- Overflight permits are not required for private and non-scheduled flights
- Landing permits are required for private and non-scheduled flights
- PPR and slots are not required
- There are no parking restrictions
- There are no significant NOTAMs
Abu Dhabi International Airport terminals are well serviced by taxi companies around the clock.
- Taxi pick-up areas are located outside the Arrivals Halls of Terminal 1 and 3.
- Metred Toyota Camry taxis are available outside the Arrival Hall of Terminal 2.
A bus service to the city of Abu Dhabi is available outside Terminals 1, 2, and 3, the Cargo Building and the Police Complex.
- Departing every 40 minutes, 24/7
- Fare one-way is AED 4
- Travel time to the city center takes approximately 45 minutes
- Aloft Abu Dhabi
- Rotana Abu Dhabi
- Crowne Plaza
- Le Méridien Abu Dhabi
For more information on Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2017, visit https://www.formula1.com/en/championship/races/2017/Abu_Dhabi.html