Aurangabad Airport is in the Maharashtra state of India. An ancient and stunning city, it was the capital of Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb. Here’s what you need to know.
|Elevation:||1911 FT / 40.0°C||Latitude/longitude:||195152N 0752351E|
|Airport type:||AAI Controlled||Mar Var:||1.25°W (1985) /0.017W|
|Time zone:||+ 5.30 UTC||Runways:||1|
|Fuel types:||Jet A1||Airport type:||No|
|Runway length:||2286 x 45||PCN:||Tarmac 63 F/C/W/U|
|Airport slots:||Yes||Fire category:||CAT-6|
|Tower frequency:||122.3 MHZ||Ground frequency:||122.3 MHZ|
Languages spoken at Aurangabad Airport: Hindi and English
Navaid available: NDB , DME (VOR), DVOR
Lead time for permit approval:
- Operating Non-PRC: 1 working day for technical landing, 3 working days for load change
- Operating PRC: 3 working day for technical landing, 7 working days for load change
Airport operating hours:
0015 – 0200 UTC
0645 – 0830 UTC
0930 – 1515 UTC
Extention of watch hours is possible if arranged and paid for in advance.
On the Ground
Airport slots: Approval is required from VAAU APD office
Ramp facilities: GH equipment/ transport / first aid and emergency services are available.
Passenger and crew facilities: There is no GA terminal. You agent should provide baggage assistance and escort guests through CIQ clearance.
Maintainance and hangars: Extremely limited and acquired through a commercial airline.
Parking facilities: Available with pre-approval from APD office. Aircraft should carry towbar on board.
Security: CCTV and airport security – CISF
Customs and Immigration: Not available at VAAU as it is a domestic airport
Alternatives to Aurangabad Airport: VANP, VAID, VABB
- Emergency: +91 2402476121 (ATC)
- Police: +91 0240-2380808 / 2392504
- Fire: +91 0240 – 2334000 / 2331444 / 2340011 – 14
- Customs (terminal manager): +91 2402476147
- Airport authority: +91 2402476121
- AIS: +91 2402476121
The climate of Aurangabad is temperate with low humidity and diverse weather conditions. Aurangabad has three seasons: Summer, Winter, and Monsoon.
Summer lasts from March to May with average temperatures of 37°C to 21°C. Winter lasts from November to February with average temperatures of 22°C to 10°C. Monsoon lasts from June to October and see moderate rainfall of 91cm on average.
- Visitors are advised to follow their planned schedule with a pre-appointed guide
- Use hotel transport and avoid unnecessary night travel
- Be wary of strangers
- Don’t wear expensive items or jewelry
- Ajanta Caves (UNESCO world heritage site)
- 2Ellora Caves
- Devgiri Fort
- Ghrishneshwar Temple
- Pitalkhora Caves
Accommodation close to Aurangabad Airport:
- Welcome Hotel Rama International
- Ajanta Ambassador
- Lemon Tree
- Vivanta by Tai
- Windsor Castle
For assistance with your operation to Aurangabad Airport, or another location in India, contact firstname.lastname@example.org