Beijing Daxing International Airport: Beijing Daxing International Airport opened on September 26, 2019. The city’s newest gateway – already renowned for its unusual starfish shape- is expected to become a pivotal air traffic hub for international travel to and from China. It features some of the most cutting-edge technology (such as facial recognition technology) in operation throughout the airport. Most regional and international airlines are planning to move their operations to Daxing in 2020 if they choose not to operate at both Beijing airports. GA and business operations to ZBAD won’t be possible until early 2020, and the FBO will be due for completion at the end of 2020. Here are some more facts about Beijing Daxing.
Beijing Daxing International Airport
- ICAO: ZBAD
- IATA: PKX
- Coordinates: 116°23.9’ 39°30.1’
- Elevation: 2M
- Magnetic variation: 5°58′W(1980)/
- Opening hours: 24hr
- Location: South of Beijing, Daxing, Beijing & Guangyang, Langfang (Hebei)
- 46 km from Tiananmen Square
- 26 km from Langfang City Center
- 67 km from Beijing International Airport
- All flights require landing permits
- Slots are required
- CIQ is available
- Jet fuel(s) available: Jet A1
- The airport can provide gravity refueling (6.7L/s) and pressure refueling (63L/s) service
- Inflight catering is available
- Fire category: CAT 10
Cargo-handling: Container lift truck (7.5-14t), container tractor, fork-lift (2.5-3.5t), conveyor truck, platform collation tractor, small towing vehicle.
Deicing apron (Nr.1: DE1-DE9, Nr2: DS1-DS7, tempotary: DN1-DN3), 18 de-icers, deicing fluid (type I, type II).
Line maintenance available for various types of aircraft.
Aircraft parking and hangarage: Yes, available for aircraft maintenance.
All non-EU & EU passengers and crew require visas for Beijing except for those who qualify under the 144-hour tourist visa-free policy.
- Time: 1-1.5 hour
- Fare: 220 RMB (=29€/31$)
- Due to traffic jams, the travel time may increase as well as the final taxi fare.
- The new airport subway line connects Daxing Airport to the Caoqiao Station 草桥 (line 10). The new line runs from 6:00am to 10:30pm and the waiting time between trains is 8.5-10 mins.
- Time: 19 mins
- Ticket fare: 35 RMB (4.4€/4.8$)
Beijing-Xiong’an Intercity train
- The Beijing – Xiong’an Intercity railway transfers you to Beijing West Railway Station [Beijingxi Railway Station 北京西站 – line 7] (Daxing to Xiong’an Area route will be completed by the end of 2020).
- Time: 30 mins
- One-way ticket fare: 30 RMB (3.8€/4.2$).
- There are 6 bus lines connecting Daxing airport to the Beijing city center.
- The bus lines 1-5 run daily from 5:00am to 11:00pm while the airport bus line 6 operates only during the night shift.
- Time: approximately 40 mins
- One-way ticket fare: 40 RMB (5€/5.5$)
Visit the official Beijing Daxing International Airport website here
For support with your flight operations to Beijing, contact UAS China