Flight Operations to the Champions League Final Cardiff: The UEFA Champions League Final 2017 will see Juventus face holders Real Madrid at the National Stadium of Wales on Saturday, June 3. Here’s what you need to know to plan an operation to Cardiff.
- IATA Code: CWL
- ICAO Code: EGFF
- Latitude/ Longitude: 51 23.8N / 03 20.6W
- Elevation: 220 feet
- Fuel types: Jet A1, AVGAS
- Private flights: overflight and landing permits are not required for operators of ICAO member states together with standard airworthiness certificate
- Non-scheduled flights: Landing permits are not required; landing rights are necessary (CIQ, parking, handling must be confirmed in advance)
- FBO operating hours 0630-1730Z daily – extensions possible with prior coordination and sufficient notice
- No parking restrictions apply, however, during special events in Cardiff city parking is limited
- Fuel uplifts provided via fuel truck/tanker
- Fire Category is CAT 7 Standard with upgrades to 8 & 9 possible with sufficient notice
Airport Embarkation Tax
Currently, there are no passenger taxes are charged at EGAC as an incentive to operators to use the airport: https://www.belfastairport.com/blog-news/2017/march/airport-says-report-is-boost-for-case-against-apd
Passenger taxes when imposed average around 13GBP per person at most UK airports.
This is currently none in effect but operators should expect special procedures to be alerted when major events are taking place.
- Bristol Filton FZO / EGTG longest runway 8094 feet
- Bristol Airport BRS / EGGD longest runway 6598 feet
- Swansea SWS / EGFH longest runway 4438 feet
- St. Athan GDX / EGDX longest runway 5988 feet (mainly used by operators for maintenance checks)
For Non-EU passengers and crew:
- UK Visa required prior to travel
- Customs clearance checks are mandatory
For EU passengers and crew:
- Customs clearance only
- No special immigration procedures or checks are usually necessary
Baggage Clearance: Security screening is usually imposed
Cardiff city is 35-40 minutes drive from the CWL airport. The first part of the journey from the airport to the city is slow as the roads are narrow. Once on the motorway, the drive takes a further 10 minutes depending on traffic.
A number of good options for public transport and taxis are available. Car rental companies are also at Cardiff airport but their stocks can be quite limited
Car rental companies are based at Cardiff airport but stocks can be quite limited.
- Holiday Inn Express https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/cardiff/cdfap/hoteldetail
- Celtic International Hotel https://www.celticinternationalhotel.com/
- Travelodge https://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/451/Cardiff-Airport-hotel
For more information or support with flight operations to the Champions League Final Cardiff, contact firstname.lastname@example.org