Flight Operations to Montreal Canadian Grand Prix: The Canadian Grand Prix gets underway in Montreal from June 9-11 at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve. Here are the operational details for the city’s two main airports.
Montreal St. Hubert Airport
- IATA: YHU
- ICAO: CYHU
- Latitude/ longitude: N45-31.1/W073-25.0
- Elevation: 90 ft.
- Magnetic Variation: 16W
- Fuel types: Jet / Avgas
Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport
- IATA: YUL
- ICAO: CYUL
- Latitude/ longitude: N45-28.1/W073-44.5
- Elevation: 118 ft.
- Magnetic Variation: 15W
- Fuel types: Jet / Avgas
- Private flights do not require overflight or landing permits
- Non-scheduled flights require both overflight and landing permits
- There are no parking restrictions at this airport
- A visa is required
- Visitors are required to hold proof of sufficient funds to cover their stay and documents required for their next destination, even if they hold a visa
- Certain Visa regulations apply as follows: Visitors who are not holding return/onward tickets could be refused entry
Canada has no agreement with other countries which require members of a crew to obtain visas before entering Canada as crew members. Therefore, crew members who seek entry as or in order to become a crew member, are visa exempt if holding airline crew documents issued in accordance with International Civil Aviation Organization specifications and airline joining letters.
- No visa is required. Passport documentation is sufficient
- Visitors are required to hold proof of sufficient funds to cover their stay and documents for their next destination. Visitors not holding return/onward ticket could be refused entry
Canada has no agreement with other countries which require members of an aircrew to obtain visas before entering Canada as crew members. Therefore, crew members who seek entry as or in order to become a crew member, are visa exempt if holding airline flight crew documents issued in accordance with International Civil Aviation Organization specifications and airline joining letters.
- All passengers traveling to Canada arriving at major airports must complete an E-311 CBSA Declaration Card prior to arrival.
- Please follow this link to learn more about Canadian import and export http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/import/menu-eng.html
The local currency is Canadian Dollars (CAD)
There are no restrictions up to CAD 10,000 or the equivalent in another currency for import/ export. Amounts greater than CAD 10,000 or the equivalent in another currency must be declared. The same regulations apply for export and import.
Hotels near CYHU:
- Hotel Le Mirage
- Quality Inn & Suites Brossard
- Hotel Le Dauphin Montreal-Longueuil
- Sandman Hotel Montreal-Longueuil
- Holiday Inn Montreal-Longueuil
- Comfort Inn South Shore
- Hotel Mortagne
Hotels near CYUL:
- Montreal Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel
- Sheraton Montreal Airport
- Aloft Montreal Airport
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Montreal Airport
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Montreal Airport
- Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Airport
- Hotel Novotel Montreal Aeroport
All major car rental companies are available at these airports.
Montreal has an excellent working public transit system. Check out the full details at http://www.stm.info/en
If you need more assistance planning your trip to Montreal, contact firstname.lastname@example.org