Flight Operations to Kuwait: Kuwait Aviation Airshow gets underway at Kuwait International Airport later this month. Here’s what you need to know about the show and successful flight operations to Kuwait.
Kuwait Aviation Airshow 2020
Getting underway from January 15-18, the Kuwait Aviation Airshow will attract more than 300 exhibitors, 15,000 industry stakeholders and an estimated 30,000 members of the public. The show will include a static display of up to 60 aircraft. This will be the second Kuwait Aviation Airshow; the inaugural airshow took place in January 2018 and was a great success. For more details, visit the event’s official website by clicking here.
Kuwait International Airport
- ICAO: OKBK
- IATA: KWI
- Coordinates: N29-13.6 E047-58.8
- Elevation: 205ft
- Magnetic variation: 03E
- Opening hours: 24/7
- Location: 15km outside Kuwait City center
- CIQ is available
- Jet A1 is available
- Slots are not required
- In-flight catering is available
- Aircraft parking is available 24/7 but it’s advisable to book in advance
- ATC restrictions, etc. can be checked with Kuwait ATC on +965 24336699
- This airport offers all facilities including lounge facilities, Customs, Immigration, and local security
- There are no significant NOTAMS at the time of publishing but always check before your operations
- Landing permits are required for both private and non-scheduled flights and the UAS Operations team is able to assist in securing necessary permits and arranging all services required
Crew can enter Kuwait without a visa provided they are included on the Gendec, are dressed in their crew uniform, and carry their crew ID and Passport.
Passengers require a visa to enter Kuwait unless they are from one of the visa-exempt countries: Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE.
54 nationalities can obtain visas on arrival or apply for an e-visa through the State of Kuwait’s official website. To visit and find out more, click here.
- Taxi and Uber services are available from the airport
- A number of public bus routes serve the airport, click here for details
- Mercedes and Bentley transportation can be book through UAS
Kuwait offers a broad range of hotels which are available to book through UAS Executive Travel.
For support with your flight operations to Kuwait, contact UAS