The Nigerian Business Aviation Conference (NBAC 2016) will take place on March 17-18 in Lagos. The third NBAC will see a range of panel sessions, speeches, and debates focusing on the theme of ‘Sustaining Nigeria’s position on the African Business Aviation Landscape.’ The Chairperson of NBAC 2016 is Alan Peaford, Editor-in-Chief of African Aerospace and Arabian Aerospace. UAS’ Regional Manager for West and Central Africa, Abdul Oricha, will be a panelist discussing Dispatch & Clearances – Addressing local challenges on Friday, March 18.
Here is the operational information you need when planning a trip to Lagos.
All passengers must obtain a visa prior to their arrival in Nigeria as it is not possible to organize one after landing.
All crew members must have their names on a stamped GENDEC, must be in uniform and carry their ID card on arrival.
- 200 cigarettes / 50 medium sized cigars / 200g of tobacco
- One liter of spirits and one liter of wine
- 0.284ltr of perfume or eau-de-Cologne
Note: if more than this is imported, then duty must be paid on the whole quantity.
- Gifts valued up to NGN300.00 ($1.00) excluding jewelry, photographic equipment, electronics and luxury goods
- Beer, mineral water, fruit juice, and soft drinks
- Textile fabrics and mosquito netting
- Precious metals
- Meat, vegetables, cereals, and eggs either fresh or preserved
- Spaghetti and noodles
For more information see: https://www.customs.gov.ng/ProhibitionList/import.php
- 200 cigarettes or 50 cigars or 1 lb. of tobacco of foreign manufacture
- 200 cigarettes of local manufacture
- One bottle of whiskey
- All ceremonial objects and antiquities can only be exported with the approval of the Department of Antiquities.
- Raw hides and skin
- Unprocessed rubber latex and lumps
- Artifacts and antiquities
- Wildlife animals classified as endangered species and products associated with them
For more information see: https://www.customs.gov.ng/ProhibitionList/export.php
- Naira (NGN)
Airport Embarkation Tax
- $50.00 (Passenger Service Charge)
Murtala Muhammed International Airport
- IATA Code: DNMM
- Latitude/ Longitude: 06°34′38″N 003°19′16″E
- Elevation: 135 ft / 41 m
- Magnetic variation: 2.41°W (WMM2015 magnetic declination) 0.10° annual change
Private and Non-Scheduled Flights
- All private flights require both overflight and landing permits
- All non-scheduled flights require both overflight and landing permits
There are no parking restrictions.
A0059/16 – HOLDING POSITION RWY 18R CLOSED.PILOTS TO ADHERE STRICTLY TO ATC INSTRUCTIONS. 04 MAR 00:00 2016 UNTIL 18 MAR 23:59 2016.
A0061/16 – REMARKING OF RWY 18R/36L.PILOTS TO ADHERE STRICTLY TO ATC INSTRUCTIONS. 07-10 0600-1000, 07 MAR 06:00 2016 UNTIL 10 MAR 10:00 2016
A0062/16 – CLOSURE OF TAXIWAY A FROM INTERSECTION OF TAXIWAY F TO RWY 18R HOLDING POSITION.PILOTS TO ADHERE STRICTLY TO ATC INSTRUCTIONS. 04-19 2300-2259, 04 MAR 23:00 2016 UNTIL 19 MAR 22:59 2016
A0054/16 – TAXIWAY C1 OF RWY 18L CLOSED.PILOTS ARE ADVISED TO ADHERE STRICTLY TO ATC INSTRUCTIONS. 29 FEB 18:00 2016 UNTIL 13 MAR 23:59 2016
A0052/16 – REHABILITATION WORK AT GAT APRON IN PROGRESS. PILOTS ARE ADVISED TO ADHERE STRICTLY TO ATC INSTRUCTIONS. 29 FEB 15:00 2016 UNTIL 13 MAR 23:59 2016.
A0047/16 – TAXIWAY C(EASTERN TAXIWAY)ONLY ACCESSIBLE TO CATEGORY C AIRCRAFT.PILOTS SHOULD EXERCISE CAUTION WHILE TAXIING. 25 FEB 16:00 2016 UNTIL 25 MAY 16:00 2016 ESTIMATED.
A0013/16 – RWY 36R OPEN SPACE BY LINK 7 IN USE AS TEMPORARY COMPASS BAY. 27 JAN 17:00 2016 UNTIL 27 APR 17:00 2016 ESTIMATED.
A0003/16 – COMPASS BAY RWY 18L CLOSED. 06 JAN 14:20 2016 UNTIL 06 APR 14:20 2016 ESTIMATED.
A0002/16 – RUNWAY 18R CENTER LINE LIGHT UNSERVICEABLE.PILOTS TO ADHERE TO ATC INSTRUCTIONS WHILE LANDING AND TAKING OFF
- Sahara oil
Hotels near the airport
- Protea Hotel – Tel: +234 1448 2000
- Sheraton Lagos Hotel – Tel: +234 1280 0100
Hotels near the event
- Wheatbaker Hotel – Tel: +234-1-2773560
- Southern Sun Hotel – Tel: +234-1-2805200 / +234-1-2800630
- Hertz Rent-A-Car – Tel: +234-817 200 7171 / +234-817 200 7230
- PUDO Cab Services – Tel: +234-909 999 7836
Trip support solutions are available from UAS Nigeria Regional Office in Lagos Email: firstname.lastname@example.org