The 2022 Masters Golf Tournament gets underway at Augusta National from April 7-10.
In the run-up to the event, NBAA Air Traffic Services anticipates a significant increase in air traffic operations in and out of the four airports in the Augusta area that are commonly used during the week of Masters.
- Augusta Regional Airport at Bush Field
- Aiken Municipal (IATA: AIK, ICAO: KAIK)
- Daniel Field (IATA: DNL, ICAO: KDNL)
- Thomson-McDuffie County Airport (IATA: HQU, ICAO: KHQU)
The FAA has issued special air traffic procedures for the four main airfields in the Augusta area ahead of and during the Masters. Check them out on the NBAA website.
The closest airport is Augusta Regional Airport at Bush Field.
Augusta Regional Airport
- ICAO/IATA: KAGS/AGS
- Longest Runway: 8001 FT (2439 m)
- Instrument Approaches: ILS
- Runway weight-bearing capacity: PCN 90 /R/B/W/T
- Aircraft parking reservations are required so reserve in advance
- We recommend operators fuel on arrival or the day before departure
- Order outbound catering in advance
- Landing and ramp fees are based on aircraft maximum landing weights
- There is a daily ramp fee charged per aircraft arrival
- Additional support staff, fuel trucks, and equipment will be ready to handle the influx of aircraft
- Runway 8/26 will be closed to support aircraft parking with an auxiliary facility operational to support this area
- Augusta Regional Airport is located approximately 13 miles (20-25 minutes) from Augusta National
For more information about the Masters, visit the official website here.
For support with your flight operations to Augusta, contact UAS Americas