After a two-year hiatus, the World Economic Forum will return to Davos from May 22-26.
Under the theme of, “Working Together, Restoring Trust”, topics up for discussion will include economic recovery in the wake of the pandemic, tackling climate change, harnessing new technologies, and achieving peace.
WEF 2022 will be the first physical leadership event since the COVID-19 pandemic and will bring a lot of business jet traffic to Switzerland.
Parking at airports in the region is likely to be limited so operators are urged to plan ahead and reserve spots early.
Zurich is the nearest big international airport, but ground time may be restricted; Dübendorf (LSMD) and Friedrichshafen (EDNY) are good alternatives.
- IATA: ZRH
- ICAO: LSZH
- Latitude / Longitude: N47-27.5 E008-32.9
- Magnetic Variation: 02E
- Elevation: 1417ft
- Time Zone Info: UTC+1(+2DT)
- Fuel: Jet A-1, AVGAS Jet
- Zurich Airport is expecting a steep increase in aircraft movements during the WEF and as only limited slots are available during this time, it is highly recommended to reserve slots well in advance to secure the best slots possible for your arrival and departure
- Parking space is limited at ZRH during the WEF; ground time is restricted to a maximum of 2hours for the drop-off or pick-up of your passengers in cases where no parking permits are available
- A maximum of 2 hours ground time is required for the alternate landing of GA flights
Long-term parking in Zurich is already fully booked – except if the aircraft is flying with diplomatic clearance.
We recommend parking at the following airports during WEF:
- LSZR (St. Gallen-Altenrhein FBO)
- EDDM (Munich)
- EDDL (Dusseldorf)
- EDDB (Berlin)
- EDDS (Stuttgart)
- EDDK (Cologne)
- EDDF (Frankfurt)
- LOWW (Vienna)
- LSMD (Dübendorf) – repositioning to or from LSZH is not possible. Aircraft must land directly from the origin and depart directly to the destination. Customs are available at LSMD during WEF, refer to airport operational hours
- LFSB (Basel) – parking is fully booked
UAS can support your VIP operations to Davos with a full complement of trip support, charter, executive travel, and supervision solutions.
Contact UAS to find out more.