Flying to Uzbekistan: Uzbekistan has extended the suspension of international flights until October 9. Here’s what operators and passengers need to know about quarantine rules, cargo operations, and crew transits.
Except for chartered passenger, chartered cargo, and regular cargo operations, all flights are subject to the following conditions:
- Passengers arriving from countries within the ‘red’ zone, citizens, and those with permanent residence will be placed in mandatory 14-day quarantine. Citizens will be quarantined at the expense of the state in specially designated institutions or on a paid basis in a hotel. Foreigners arriving in Uzbekistan will be quarantined in a hotel on a paid basis.
- Passengers arriving from countries within the ‘yellow’ zone are required to undergo a 14-day home quarantine. These passengers must have been in the countries included in the ‘yellow’ zone for at least the past 14 days. Passengers from the ‘red’ zone countries cannot mix with passengers arriving from the ‘yellow ‘ zone.
- Passengers arriving from ‘green’ zone countries do not need to pass a 14-day quarantine period as long as they have stayed in a ‘green’ zone country for at least 14 days before their arrival.
- Passengers from the ‘red’ zone countries are not allowed to travel with passengers from the ‘green’ zone countries.
- In cases where passengers arriving from the ‘yellow’ zone and passengers arriving from the ‘green’ zone end up mixing, all passengers arriving on this flight are required to undergo a 14-day home quarantine.
- If passengers from the red zone arrive with passengers from the yellow and green zones, this flight will be considered to have arrived from the red zone and all passengers must quarantine for 14 days at the expense of the airline that flew them in.
Red, yellow, and green zones
- The green zone states included China, Malaysia, South Korea, Thailand, Latvia, Georgia, and Japan
- Yellow zone states are Azerbaijan and countries of the European Union (excluding Britain and Spain)
- All other countries are included in the red zone
Important note: Please be advised that the list of states in the red, yellow, and green zones is continously revised and updated weekly.
- Arriving, transiting, and departing cargo flights must be strictly controlled. The crew will not be allowed to leave the aircraft, but if necessary, any crew member that does will be organized in specially identified hotels in compliance with sanitary-quarantine measures but will not have to undergo a mandatory 14-day quarantine.