2018 Winter Olympics PyeongChang: The 2018 Winter Olympics, commonly known as PyeongChang 2018, is scheduled to take place from February 9-25, 2018 in PyeongChang, South Korea. Here’s the operational information for Yang Yang Airport.
Yang Yang Airport
- ICAO: RKNY
- IATA: YNY
- Latitude/ Longitude: 38° 3′ 41″ N / 128° 40′ 9″ E
- Elevation: 241FT/73M
- Magnetic variation: 8.709° W
- Fuel types: Jet A-1/Turbo 2380
- Overflight and landing permits are required for private flights
- Non-scheduled flights require overflight and landing permits
- RKNY has only 2 parking bays for charter flights and only allows a maximum of 2 hours parking time
- RKNY parking will be operated 0600L – 2400L during the Winter Olympics
- We recommend repositioning aircraft at RKSS or RKSI for overnight parking
- At RKSS, once a parking slot is secured, parking is available for 10 days
- At RKSI, there is a maximum of 3 days parking once a bay is secured
- For diplomatic flights into RKSI, 5 days parking will be available if the Embassy involved send an official letter to the Ramp Team for cooperation
- Please plan in advance and check parking availability ahead of time
Airport Embarkation Tax:
- International: $30 per passenger
- Domestic: $18 per passenger
Depending on the nationality of passengers, it may be necessary to secure a visa in advance. Check out: https://english.visitkorea.or.kr
Crew members do not require visas but must carry a valid passport, crew ID, and a stamped GenDec.
- A maximum of 200 cigarettes per person
- A maximum of 1 bottle of alcohol per person (under 1 liter, valued less than $400)
- A maximum of 60ml of perfume per person
- A maximum of $10,000 cash per person
Currency: South Korean Won
- Near the airport: Sol Beach Yangyang Hotel and Resort
- Near the event: InterContinental Hotel, Alpensia Holiday Inn Resort and Hotel
- Bus: Two daily public bus service routes operate from YangYang airport.
Sok Cho Terminal (0715L, 1414L) – Yang Yang Airport (0750L, 1449L) – Gangneung Terminal (0852L, 1551L)
Gangneung Terminal (0605L, 1515L) – Yang Yang Airport (0709L, 1615L) – Sok Cho Terminal (0742L, 1702L)
- Car: There are two car rental companies in operation close to the airport.
- Rail: There is currently no rail link with Yang Yang Airport.
For more information on the 2018 Winter Olympics, visit:
For UAS’ support with your mission to Yang Yang Airport, contact UAS Ops