Flight Operations to Blackpool – The Open Championship 2017 gets under at Royal Birkdale Golf Club, Southport, England from July 17-23. Here’s the information you need to plan a successful mission to the closest airport – Blackpool.
- IATA: BLK
- ICAO: EGNH
- Elevation: 34 ft. / 10 m
- Latitude/ Longitude: N53-46.3 / W003-01.7
- Variation: 02w
- Located in Lancashire, England
- Private flights do not require landing permits, only PPR is required
- Landing permits are required for non-scheduled commercial flights
- The lead time for permit approval is between 48-72 hours
- There are currently no parking restrictions at EGNH
- PPR is required for slots and is issued on receipt of handling requests
- Jet A1 is available when required
- Airport operational hours are 0600UTC until 2000UTC daily or on request
- There is no airport embarkation tax
- There are no significant NOTAMs
- For all crew: A full GENDEC must be presented a minimum of 24hrs prior to arrival
- Non-EU passengers: A visa is required prior to arrival
- EU/EEA passengers: Must get a UK visa from their home country
In general, A Gendec/GAR (Crew & Pax manifest) should be sent to the ground handler no later than 24hrs prior to the aircraft arrival, this is submitted to Customs and Immigration for approval. If they are required to attend they will come to the hangar to meet with the crew or pax.
The area is well serviced by bus and train, and rental cars are available.
- Hotels near airport: The Big Blue Hotel, Black Pool Pleasure Beach
- Hotels near event: Birkdale Ocean View Apartments
For more information, contact email@example.com