Flight Operations to Sicily – G7 Summit: The 43rd G7 Summit will take place in Taormina, Sicily from May 26-27. Here’s the operational information you’ll need to plan a trip to the Italian island.
- IATA: CTA
- ICAO: LICC
- Elevation: 39 ft.
- Magnetic Variation: 2° East
- Latitude/longitude: 37°28′ 0″ N / 15°3′ 50″ E
- Runway Length:7989 ft.
- Operational hours: 24/7
- Permit requirements for private and nonscheduled commercial flights: PPR is required for GA flights (for a/c cat C-D-E slot is required)
- Slots are required for all non-scheduled commercial flights
- All operators holding an AOC must have charter traffic rights issued by Italian Civil Aviation Authority every year
- Fuel Jet A1 is available from 0500 to 2300 local time (0300 – 2100 UTC)
- Airport Embarkation Tax of 22.35 Euro per passenger and 24.89 Euro per passenger between 1800 to 0600 UTC as extra for airport fees
- There are no parking restrictions at this time
- No NOTAMs have been issued at this time
Immigration and Customs
- Non-EU passengers and crew will undergo passport control
- EU passengers and crew will undergo passport control during G7 period (May 10-30)
- Arrivals customs regulation dictates that a declaration must be made for amounts up to and exceeding 10, 000 Euros in cash
- Hotel NH Parco Degli Aragonesi (situated close to the airport)
- Romano Palace Luxury Hotel (situated close to the event)
- All ground transportation is available in Sicily – buses, car rental, and taxis
For more information or support with your Flight Operations to Sicily, contact firstname.lastname@example.org