Indira Gandhi International Airport VIDP
Indira Gandhi International Airport
|Elevation:||777 Ft / 237 M||Latitude/longitude:||28°34′07″N 077°06′44″E|
|Time zone:||GMT (+) 5:30||Mar Var:||0.00°E (2005) /0.017E|
|PPR:||Required||Airport type:||Civil International|
|Runways:||3||Fire category:||CAT 10|
|Runway surface:||Asphalt||Longest runway:||4430 M|
|Airport slots:||Required||ATC hours:||24 hours|
Languages: English and Hindi
Cities served by the airport: New Delhi, Haryana, and Punjab
Alternative airports: VIJP / VAAH
Lead times for permit approval:
- 3 days for flights originating from non-PRC countries
- 7 days for flights originating from PRC countries
Slots: Airport slots at VIDP are required for all non-scheduled flights and must be applied for through email to AOCC DIAL.
Aircraft handled: All types of aircraft
Navaid available: NDB, DVOR, DME, ILS, PAPI
Terminal capacity: 34 million passengers per annum
Cargo capacity: 605,000 tons
FBO: Currently under construction
Services and facilities:
Equipment, ramp facilities, passenger facilities, maintenance and hangars, catering, crew facilities, and parking facilities are all available.
CCTV and Security guards: Available
Customs operating hours: 24 hours
Security brief: It is always advisable to check with your flight or trip support advisor before travel.
- Both EU and Non-EU passengers require valid Indian visas to enter
- Nationals from Nepal and Bhutan are exceptions
- E-visas can be obtained by passengers thru online services
- You may show printed copy of e-visa and presented on arrival to immigration desk
- Crew members entering India should hold valid Indian business visa
- Temporary Crew Visa (TLP) on arrival with 72 hours’ validity can be considered for Tech / Medical /Emergency / VIP or diverted flights
For more information see https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html
– Passengers walking through the Green Channel with dutiable/prohibited goods are liable to prosecution/ penalty and confiscation of goods.
– Trafficking of any narcotic and psychotropic substances is a serious offense and is punishable by imprisonment.
- Phone code: +91
- Airport authority: 011-24632950
- AIS: 011 25653470
- Customs: 011-25652088
- Emergency: 102
- Police: 100
- Fire: 101
- Taxis and car rental is available
- Public transport is available
- Driving distance to the city is 5 km
- JW Marriot
- Lemon Tree
- Radisson Blu
- Dusit D2
- Holiday inn
Note: This list is for informational purposes only and based on proximity. UAS does not promote any specific establishments.
- Red Fort
- Qutub Minar
- Handloom Emporium
- Gurudwara Bangla Sahib
- Connaught Place
- Humayun’s Tomb
New Delhi’s climate is a mixture of humid subtropical and semi-arid with a high variation between temperatures in summer and winter. The monsoon season lasts from July to mid-September.