The 8th ECAS European Corporate Aviation Summit focusing on ‘New Challenges for Corporate Aviation in Europe’ is set to go ahead in Athens on Friday, October 30. Here are our Operations team’s recommendations for operators planning flights to Athens.
We recommend operating to Athens International Airport (LGAV) as overnight parking is available. Crete’s Heraklion International Airport (LGIR), Thessaloniki Airport (LGTS), and Corfu International Airport (LGKR) are also operational, however, overnight parking may not be approved by the airport authorities.
Athens International Airport
- IATA: ATH
- ICAK: LGAV
- Elevation: 308 ft / 94 m
- Coordinates: 37°56′11″N 23°56′50″E
- All fuel available 24/7
- Time zone: GMT +3
- PPR/slots are required and can be arranged with Airport Authority approval Parking for 48 hours is granted with approvals, but more time must be applied for Handling can be arranged smoothly via the UAS appointed handler at this station
- It’s forbidden to make domestic flights with passengers on board within Greece
- PPR is required for private non-commercial flights and typically requires 24 hours’ notice
- Landing permits are required for non-scheduled commercial flights and need 48-72 hours’ notice due to the current Covid-19 restrictions.
- Crew members are exempt from any restrictions regarding COVID-19
Passengers are not allowed to enter until October 25 with the following exemptions:
- Nationals of Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the UK and their families
- Nationals and residents of Australia, Canada, Georgia, Israel, Japan, South Korea, New Zealand, Russia, Rwanda, Thailand, Tunisia, UAE, and Uruguay
- Passengers with a residence permit issued by Greece (please note that a certificate of application for renewal of a residence permit will not be accepted)
- Passengers with a residence permit or long term visas issued by Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland or the UK
- Nationals of North Macedonia returning via Thessaloniki Airport (LGTS) to continue by road to North Macedonia (please note that this trip must be prearranged by the authorities)
- Military personnel
Please note that passengers arriving from Albania and North Macedonia must enter at Athens International Airport (LGAV).
- Passengers will undergo COVID-19 testing on arrival, click here for the details
- Passengers must complete a Passenger Locator Form (PLF) no later than one day before their arrival in Greece
- A confirmation email or a QR code generated from the completed form must be presented to authorities on arrival
- Families can be accepted with one joint confirmation e-mail or a unique QR code. (Please note this does not apply to passengers in transit)