Flight Ops to Venice Marco Polo Airport
Flight Ops to Venice Marco Polo Airport: The city of Venice attracts huge amounts of international tourists all year round, not less during La Biennale di Venezia (La Biennale Art Fair), underway now until November 24. Celebrating the all the arts, a range of events are scheduled to take place throughout the course of the month. Marco Polo Airport serves the city of Venice and is considered the best connected airport. Here is what operators need to know.
UAS International Trip Support can arrange all services for your operation to Venice Marco Polo Airport.
Venice Marco Polo Airport
- IATA: VCE
- ICAO: LIPZ
- Coordinates: N45-30.3/E012-21.1
- Elevation: 2M
- Mar variation: 02E
- Time zone: GMT +1
- Location: 8KM north of Venice City
- PPR and slots are required
- Jet A1 fuel is available from 06.00 – 23.00 (extra hours on request)
- Non-EU passengers arriving from non-EU countries will undergo immigration procedures at the main terminal and will be assisted by airport staff during the entire process
- No immigration is required for non-EU passengers arriving from EU countries
- EU passengers arriving from outside the EU will undergo immigration procedures at the main terminal and will be assisted by airport staff during the entire process
- No immigration is required for EU passengers arriving from EU countries
- EU crew do not require visas
- A visa may be required depending on nationality
Customs and Immigration is available 24-hours at Marco Polo Airport, however, it’s not guaranteed exclusively for business aviation around the clock. Requests to undergo Customs and Immigration at the FBO must be made in advance, otherwise it will take place in the main terminal.
For more details on Italian customs, click here.
Hotels near the airport:
- Courtyard Marriott
- Hilton Garden Inn
Hotels in Downtown Venice:
- Hotel Saturnia & International
- Bonvecchiati Palace
- Public buses and trains run from downtown Venice
- Rental car companies are widely available
- Taxis are available
- Vaporetto(a water taxi or bus) are popular
- Why not take a Gondola along the canals?
For support with your flight operations to Venice Marco Polo Airport, contact UAS