Some flight operations scheduled to depart from Dubai International Airport (DXB) this summer are set to be operated from Al Maktoum International Airport (DWC) due to the refurbishment of one of DXB’s runways.
Dubai Airports plans to close Dubai International Airport’s northern runway for a 45-day period between May 9 and June 22, 2022, and carry out a complete upgrade that will ensure the continued safety and efficiency of operations.
The rehabilitation of the Northern runway will include:
- Resurfacing of the Northern runway
- Strengthening of the wider runway strip
- Aeronautical Ground Lighting (AGL) and Taxiway Guidance Signs (TGS) replacement
- Pavement reinforcement of key taxiway entry and exits
- Repair of drainage infrastructure
- Relocation of navigation aids substation
Dubai Airports has provided advance notice to all airlines, and some have announced that their scheduled flight operations will be operated from DWC to limit the impact on service during the closure period.
To avoid inconvenience, passengers are strongly advised to confirm details of their flight with their respective airlines ahead of their journeys.
For support with your flight operations to Dubai, contact UAS